Are New I-94's issued under Automatic Visa Revalidation??

The whole intention of AVR was for the F-1 students travelling to there native every week-end by crossing the border, for which it would be hard for them to get there visa stamped or any of such formalities for just 2 days stay in their home. So AVR is privilege given by DOS.
As I said in the earlier posts AVR could be used to travel to Canada, Mexico and other contingent Island for less than 30 days travel.
If you have an unexpired I-94 you can travel back using the same. However, it should not have been surrendered at the Port of Entry when going to Canada etc.
Or
to get a new I-94 its better to surrender the old I-94 and comeback by getting new I-94 at the border.
(This applies irrespective of the individual having a valid expired or unexpired visa stamping.)

No comments: