USCIS Announces Interim Final Rule Amending I-9 Regulations

USCIS announcement - the current I-9 form will become not acceptable 45 days from the date of publication of the pending rule in the federal register.
The biggest difference in the revised Form I-9 is that all documents presented during the verification process must be unexpired. Other than several technical updates, the following documents have been added or removed:

  • Two documents have been added to List A (Documents that Establish Both Identity and Employment Authorization) on the List of Acceptable Documents: 


    • A temporary I-551 printed notation on a machine-readable immigrant visa in addition to the foreign passport with a temporary I-551 stamp; and 

    • A passport from the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) or the Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI) with a valid Form I-94 or Form I-94A indicating nonimmigrant admission under the Compact of Free Association Between the United States and the FSM or RMI.
See the Q&A of Revision of I-9 Form your selves at USCIS.GOV

No comments: