F and M student visas can now be issued up to 365 days in advance of the I-20 program start date

The U.S. Department of State updated its guidelines allowing F and M students to apply for their student visas to study in the United States up to 365 days prior to the start date of the program as listed on the Form I-20. The Form I-20 will be issued twelve to fourteen months ahead of the program start date. However, Students applying for F and M visas will be allowed to enter the United States up to 30 days before their program start date.  

As you may be aware, earlier the students were not permitted to schedule visa interview appointments more than 120 days prior to the program start date as listed on the Form I-20. Additionally, the I-20 forms could not be issued by educational institutions more than four to six months ahead of the program start date.  

No comments: